Sunday, November 25, 2007

In the Studio

After a conversation with some friends regarding the viewing of model horses as art or a hobby, I decided to embark on an experiment. What would be created if I sculpted with no reference, and no set idea about breeds? If I could just have fun and not think too far ahead. Here's the stablemate scale horse that came from that:


He still has a long way to go before he's finished. For now, he's been set aside as I go on to the second horse in my experiment, a traditional scale heavy draft.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love him!! He's gorgeous and is begging to be finished and cast - can you hear it?

Sarah said...

If I tried to sculpt or draw or paint with no reference it wouldn't look like a horse at all. That's so cool.

A very different Sarah

Unknown said...

Oooh, he's cute and feeling good! :)

GWR said...

He's lovely! Can't wait to see the Drafter. :)

cheerpony said...

Very nice, what do you have to do to make sure that he can stand up. I figure there must be a trick to it.
Love your work.